BBQ Pork Ribs With Grilled Potato Salad And Prawn Wontons
Cooking Time: 2- 3 hours
You’ll also need:
Spray bottle containing 250ml of apple juice for spritzing the ribs
2 racks pork ribs (American style)
Enough olive oil to lightly coat the raw pork ribs
Butchers Axe Ranger seasoning
For the BBQ Sauce
1.5 cups ketchup
1 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup pineapple juice concentrate
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon maple syrup
30g butter, diced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons dried mustard power
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the Grilled Potato Salad
500g baby potatoes
2 tbsp BBQ Sauce
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp semi dried parsley flakes
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
¼ cup olive oil
For the Fried Prawn Wontons
500g Raw prawns (deshelled and deveined)
1 packet won ton wrappers
¼ green cabbage
2 spring onions chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp light soy sauce
Oil and wok for frying
40g dried shiitake mushrooms
Add all ingredients for the BBQ sauce into a saucepan and simmer over charcoal until well combined. Place aside until needed.
1. Clean and pat dry raw pork rib racks. Then remove the membrane from the back of the ribs.
2. Generously apply olive oil over both sides of the ribs and generously coat with Butchers Axe Ranger seasoning.
3. Prepare charcoal using a chimney (start with 1 chimney full) and set up BBQ for indirect cooking (approx 110C). Place the pork ribs opposite to the charcoal.
4. Allow the ribs to cook low and slow for 2 hours. During the cook spritz with apple juice every 20 minutes.
5. Brush the ribs with BBQ sauce for the final 45 minutes to 1 hour. Wrap each rib rack tightly with foil.
6. Continue to cook the ribs until the internal temperature reaches 204f (95c).
Grilled Potato Salad
1. Rinse potatoes in cold water and slice in half leaving the skin on. In a saucepan, parboil for around 8 mins or until slightly softened. Rinse and pat dry.
2. In a bowl, add all ingredients and combine well. Allow to marinate for 15 mins. Then remove the potatoes from the marinade and cook them directly on the grill grate for around 4 mins a side. Sprinkle additional semi dried parsley for presentation.
Fried Prawn Wontons
1. Soak mushrooms in hot water for 10 mins. Then drain the water.
2. Add all ingredients to a food processor, chop and combine well.
3. Place 1 tsp of mixture in the centre of each wonton wrapper. Then twist the top to form a pouch.
4. Fry wontons in batches for 2-3 mins or until golden.
Serve the Pork Ribs with the Grilled Potatoes, Prawn Wontons, BBQ Sauce and Sweet Chilli Sauce