BBQ Seafood Pasta Marinara
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
You’ll also need:
BBQ Hot Plate
BBQ Side Burner
BBQ Pro Tip: Prior to serving, discard any mussels that don’t open and are tightly closed
1kg fresh live mussels in shells
500gr raw prawns cleaned, shelled & deveined
100 gr scallops (optional)
1 red onion diced
3 truss tomatoes diced
4 garlic cloves minced
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup pasta water
500 gr linguine pasta cooked to packet instructions (3 tbs salt for the water)
2 tbs chopped parsley
¼ tsp sugar
1 tsp stock powder
For the prawn marinade -
2tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1/4 tsp oregano
Salt & pepper
1. Take all the shells and heads off the prawns & devein.
2. Add marinade to cleaned prawns & refrigerate for 10 minutes.
3. Cook pasta as directed on packet and reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
4. Clean mussels and remove beard.
5. Sauté onion & garlic until soft and translucent.
6. Add diced tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Prepare and preheat BBQ.
8. Add prawns to hot plate and cook until they change to an orange (about 3 minutes per side). Once cooked remove off the grill and cover with foil to keep warm.
9. Cook scallops for a couple of minutes per side until opaque.
10. Add a big deep saucepan in the middle of the BBQ.
11. Add mussels, white wine, sugar & pepper to onion & tomatoes. Cover with lid until all mussels open up. Taste sauce to see if you need to add salt as mussels release sea water and the sauce can be a little salty.
12. Add chopped parsley at the end just before serving.