Surf & Turf Wagyu Burger
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
You’ll also need:
- 680 grams ground wagyu beef (4 x 170g wagyu patties)
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced finely
- 4 x slices of any easy melt cheese (Kraft, American, Colby or Aussie Jack)
- 4 x Burger buns
- 4 x Bacon rashers
- 4 x Eggs
- 4 x Raw King prawns
- 4 slices of tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves of your choice
- Butcher Axe Bullseye beef seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- Tomato sauce (Ketchup)
- Salt to season meat
- 1 cup Whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp American mild mustard (New York Style)
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 tbsp Finely diced whole pickles
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce and refrigerate until needed (at least 30 mins).
- Season the beef with salt and divide into 4 x 170g patties. Sprinkle each patty on both sides with Butcher Axe Bullseye beef seasoning.
- Preheat and prepare a medium/hot BBQ hotplate.
- Add the sliced onions to the preheated hotplate along with a tablespoon of oil or butter. Cook until softened and slightly brown, then remove from the BBQ keeping warm until needed.
- Place the bacon rashes and wagyu beef patties on the hotplate. Cook until the bacon changes colour from pink to brown and slightly crisp but still chewy. Cook the burger until it has formed a nice crust on both sides. Then add the cheese and cook with the lid down until melted.
- Add the eggs on hotplate and remove when cooked but still runny. Then cook the prawns for 2-3 minutes a side or until opaque and set aside, keeping warm.
- Place the halved buns on the hotplate, slightly toast and heat through.
- Assembling the burger - Place a teaspoon of burger sauce on both buns. To the bottom bun, add a lettuce leaf, burger with cheese, onion, bacon, ketchup, egg, tomato and the top bun. Place a grilled prawn on top of each.
Serve with homemade hand cut thin potato chips.